Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU) Kottayam announces PhD Admission through Written Aptitude Test (WAT) 2019
Mahatma Gandhi University PhD Admission 2019 – Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU), Kottayam (Kerala) invite applications for admission to PhD Courses through Written Aptitude Test (PhD WAT) for the Academic Session 2019
PhD Written Aptitude Test (WAT)
- The Written Aptitude Test is conducted for all the candidates who desire to apply for PhD admission in the University Schools/Departments/Inter University Centres and approved Research Centres(Except those who are exempted from appearing for the Written Aptitude Test)
See: PhD Admissions
Mahatma Gandhi University PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Date for Opening the Portal for Online Registration: 12th April 2019
- Date of Closing the Portal (Last Date for Registration): 30th April 2019, 05.00 pm
- Last Date of receipt of the Printout of the application from along with the photocopies of the documents uploaded: 2nd May 2019
- Time Span for Downloading Hall-Tickets: 15th to 17th May 2019
- Date of Conduct of Written Aptitude Test:18th May 2019 (10.00 am to 01.00 pm)
Eligibility Criteria for Mahatma Gandhi University PhD Admission 2019
- Candidates who have passed the Post-Graduate examination in any discipline of Mahatma Gandhi University or of other Universities recognised as eligible thereto, securing not less than 55% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate (without adding grace mark), are eligible to apply for the Entrance Test.
- For SC/ST/ OBC (Non Creamy layer)/ Differently abled Candidates / Candidates who obtained Masters degree prior to 19th September 1991, the minimum marks required for application is 50% marks or equivalent grade (without adding grace mark) in the qualifying Degree Examination.
- Candidates awaiting results of their PG Examinations can also apply, but they shall qualify the PG Degree on or before 31st July 2019
- All the candidates who desire to apply for PhD admission in the University Schools/Depts. /Inter University Centres approved Research Centres (except the categories noted below, who are exempted) have to appear for the Written Aptitude Test
Admission to the PhD Programs will be made on the basis of the following:
- Written Aptitude Test (WAT) and
- Doctoral Interview (Those who have passed the Written Aptitude Test with minimum 50% marks and have applied for registration for PhD Program will be called for a Doctoral Interview)
Written Aptitude Test (WAT) Exam Pattern
The mode of Written Aptitude Test for admission to PhD Program 2019 is as follows
- Duration of Exam: 3 Hrs
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Objective Type Questions (50 Questions ) Covering various areas of the subject: 50 Marks(1 mark for each question)
- Short answer questions: 14 Question – 50 Marks (Out of which 10 Question have to be answered, 5 marks for each question) for assessing advanced knowledge in Research Methodology
Exemption from Written Aptitude Test
The following categories of candidates are exempted from passing Written Aptitude test
- JRF Awardees
- UGC Teacher Fellows
- M.Phil. & M. Tech, MDS, MD & MS (Modern Medicine, Homoeopathy and Ayurveda) degree holders in the subject of research concerned
- Regular and permanent teachers from the University Depts. & the Govt. / Aided Colleges in the state; candidates who have become qualified in the NET/SLET/GATE/GPAT/ JEST or other tests conducted by such Govt. bodies as UGC, CSIR, ICAR /ICMR
- DST Women Scientist Awardees
- KSCST/INSPIRE/MANF/RGNF, Fellowship Awardees
- Scientists from the Accredited R&D Institutions
- The prescribed fee for PhD Registration is Rs.1000/- (One Thousand five Hundred only) for general candidates and Rs.500/- (five hundred only) for SC/ST candidates.
Mahatma Gandhi University PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Candidates shall apply for the Entrance Test for Ph.D Programme 2019, Online, by accessing the University Website www.phd.mgu.ac.in. The Portal for Online registration for the Entrance Test 2019, will remain open from 12th April 2019, 10.00 am onwards to 30th April 2019, 5.00 pm.
- A copy of the print out of the Online application form along with the self attested photocopies of the documents uploaded shall be submitted to the Assistant Registrar XXI (Exams) , Mahatma Gandhi University, P.D. Hills – 686 560 on or before 02nd May 2019, 3.00 pm.
MGU (Mahatma Gandhi University), Kerala
MGU Kottayam, Kerala Deputy Registrar I (Academic), Mahatma Gandhi University, Priyadarsini Hills, Kottayam-686560 (Kerala), Website www.mgu.ac.in