Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT) announces Admission to PhD Program for July 2019 session
Jaypee University of Information Technology PhD Admission 2019 – Jaypee University of Information Technology (JUIT), Waknaghat, Himachal Pradesh invites applications for admission to Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program for the academic session July 2019
PhD Program Offered
- The PhD Programs at JUIT Waknaghat are available in the following disciplines– Engineering, Technology, Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Management, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology
See: PHD Admissions
JUIT PhD Admission 2019 Important Dates
- Last Date of Receipt of Applications Form: 06th June 2019
- Issue of admit card: 08th June 2019
- PhD Entrance TEST 09th June 2019
- Announcement of result 11th June 2019
Eligibility Criteria for JUIT PhD Admission 2019
- M. Tech Degree of a University or equivalent for Ph.D. in Engineering / Technology in respective branch with 60% Aggregate Marks or CGPA not less than 6 on scale of 10.
- Master’s Degree of a University for Ph.D. in Sciences / Humanities / Social Sciences / Management in respective discipline or equivalent with 60% Aggregate marks or CGPA not less than 6 on scale of 10.
- M.C.A. Degree with 60% Aggregate Marks or equivalent CGPA and two years-experience for Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology Departments.
- Consistently good academic performance is desirable
- Admission shall be based on written test followed by personal interview of the shortlisted candidates only.
- NET/SLET/UGC/CSIR (JRF) or equivalent national level examination qualified candidates are exempted from the written test.
- Each eligible candidate will have to give a short presentation before the interview committee in the area of research interest.
Written Examination Procedure
- Tests / Questions shall be different for each discipline of the program.
- Duration : 120 Minutes (60 minutes + 60 minutes)
- Full Marks : 100
- Test will cover all the core / compulsory subjects in the relevant Master Level degree. Written test would aim at judging the depth of knowledge and potential to do research work.
- The syllabi for each program have been loaded on the web site.
- Exam Venue: JUIT Waknaghat Campus, Dist Solan HP
- Written Exam – 09 June 2019/10:00AM
- Interview – 09 June 2019/02:00PM
Format of Ph.D. Admission Test
For Engineering and Science Programs
- Objective Type: 60 question for 1 mark each (50 question to be attempted); Duration: 60 Minutes
- Short-subjective (Descriptive, Minutes Analytical, Theoretical, Logical, Mathematical, Numerical, Derivations etc): 12 question for 5 marks each( 10 questions to be attempted); Duration: 60 minutes (
For Humanities and Social Sciences
- Part A: (50%) 50 MCQs of 1 mark each in area of Research Methodology in Social Sciences Qualitative and Quantitative Techniques. Duration: 60 Minutes
- Part B: (50%) 5 Descriptive Questions of 10 marks each (Only one area to be attempted out of 5 listed i.e. Sociology, English Language & Literature, Economics, Psychology, Finance, Marketing and HR). Duration: 90 Minutes
- Shall be conducted only for the short-listed candidates (Based on the merit drawn after written Test) except where candidate qualifies for the direct interview criteria
- Tuition Fee 25,000/- Per Semester
- Financial Support may be provided to full time Ph.D. students in the form of Research Fellowship, subject to availability.
JUIT PhD Admission 2019 Application Process
- Apply online at www.getadmissions.com
- Download the application forms from the web site www.juit.ac.in and send it to address given above. Application must be sent along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 1,200/- in favour of Jaypee University of Information Technology payable at Waknaghat.
- You may also obtain the application from the office of Registrar, Jaypee University of Information Technology, Waknaghat as per the above address by sending a draft of Rs. 1,200/- or purchase on counter with cash
University of Information Technology (JUIT) Waknaghat Teh. Kandaghat, Dist Solan, HP PIN-173234, Website www.juit.ac.in